THE COST DISCUSSION
Most qualified kitchen designers charge between 8% to 10% of the total remodeling cost. Therefore, the amount will depend on a low, mid-range or high-end kitchen. Cabinet remodels can cost up to $100,000, putting the kitchen designer cost anywhere from $1,000 to $10,000.
Starting your kitchen design process with some clear ideas about functionality and use will save you time and money.
8 QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE YOU START
Your answers to the kitchen design questions below will help you to identify your lifestyle and how you use the space. This is the first step to creating an optimized kitchen layout that is functional and organized, before you consider an open kitchen design or select cabinets. Check out our home page and selection of kitchen cabinets Mesa Az here.
1. Who cooks? (You? Your spouse? Both of you?)
2. How many cooks? (How many at any one time?)
3. What meals are prepared? (Breakfast, lunch and/or dinner?)
4. How do you cook? (Grilling, pan frying, baking, etc.)
5. How often do you cook?
6. Do you entertain? (How often and how many people at a time?)
7. What other activities take place in your kitchen? (Homework, laundry, eating, etc.)
8. Does your kitchen design need to be accessible for someone with a disability?
HIRING THE RIGHT COMPANY OR PRO
The kitchen is one of the most important areas of the home. Homeowners who are planning to carry out modifications to their kitchen should seek the assistance of a qualified kitchen designer. More than just moving appliances around and replacing cabinets, a kitchen designer can help you coordinate the overall appearance of the space by bringing many different elements together. They can offer valuable advice, from floor plans to cabinets and walls.
When choosing a cabinet designer, you should ask:
1. Do they offer a money back guarantee?
2. Do they let you keep the designs if you are not happy with their service?
3. Do they use American made products?
4. Do they warranty their cabinets?
5. Do they provide guaranteed installation support?
6. Do they have great reviews and testimonials?
7. Do they have a portfolio of quality designs?
These questions will help you make an informed decision and make sure that you have chosen the best cabinet designer for your project.
DON’T SACRIFICE WHAT YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY
Believe it or not, you can get exactly what you want and stay on budget. If you start to notice a company with a company kitchen designer is continuously saying “no, we can’t do that”, “no, we don’t have that option”, “That’s not within your budget”, then you should get a second option. You will always regret the sacrifices that you are making now, when you have to live with it later. Pick a company that has options that can customize your design around your vision and budget.
We are proud to provide custom cabinets to Chandler Az and the surrounding areas. Please contact us if you have any questions about our services. We love what we do and will answer any questions that you might have.