Quartz Countertops in Phoenix
Our quartz countertops in Phoenix are and sleek and elegant option for countertops that really give any space a timeless look. As quartz is one of the strongest minerals on earth, it can withstand years of use and look almost exactly the same as the day you installed it! With the new technologies that are put into place, quartz countertops can be engineered to fit absolutely any style – no matter what your color or texture preference is. Madera provides custom countertops Phoenix and the surrounding cities.
If you’re wondering, “should I install quartz countertops?” read through this mini-guide that tells you the basics of what you need to know.
Where does quartz come from?
Quartz are mined all over the world, but the most common places they are found are the Alps, Minas Gerais, Brazil, Madagascar, and Japan. Additionally, some of the best quartz crystals are found at HotSprings, Arkansas, and Little Falls and Ellenville, New York.
How are quartz countertops made?
After quartz has been mined, it is ground up into a dust and then fused with resin binders. Once combined the quartz and resin undergoes a pressurizing process that further strengthens the material and turns it into giant slabs of countertop. During this process, pigments may be added to chance the appearance of the quartz so they can be customized to fit a company or client’s preference. You can find all of our quartz samples by going to our countertops Phoenix page.
What are the pros and cons of quartz countertops?
Anytime you’re shopping for a big-ticket item, it’s important to weigh your options carefully. Looking at the pros and cons of the different types of countertops can help you make the best decision.
Let’s start with the pros of quartz countertops:
- They can be customized during production to match any style. Even the finish of quarts countertops can be switched up from embossed to matte, sandblasted, or honed.
- Depending on the finish that you pick, quartz countertops can be quite low maintenance. For example, a countertop with an embossed finish can be wiped out lightly scrubbed to clean up messes and stains.
- Quartz countertops help prevent the spread of germs because the resin biners are non-porous. Bacteria, mold, and mildew cannot get inside the material.
- Quartz countertops are design friendly. The resin makes the countertops pretty flexible so they can she shaped around sinks and curved surfaces.
Cons of quartz countertops:
- When compared to DIY countertops, quartz countertops are on the pricey side, weighing in at about $60-$90 per square foot, depending on the style you choose
- They are not completely heat resistant. If a quartz countertop experiences a sudden heat change (say, from a hot pan) it may warp or crack
- Quartz countertops aren’t completely scratch resistant. They are very strong, but if you scrub them with a scouring pad in an attempt to remove a stain, you may damage the surface.
- Quartz countertops are not recommended for outdoor use. The hot Arizonian sun can cause colors to fade or damage the overall integrity of the countertop.
If you’re looking for beautiful quartz countertops in Phoenix, AZ, look no further! Madera Cabinets has the best Della Terra® Quartz countertops for any taste and they maintain their integrity even in heavy use areas. We also have a huge selection of granite countertops Phoenix that you may want to consider. Whether you’re designing a kitchen, bathroom, or dreaming up another project that requires a countertop, Madera Arizona Cabinets is here to help!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
The Top 5 Reasons to Love Two-Toned Kitchens
The Top 5 Reasons to Love Two-Toned Kitchens free design consulation Looking for a kitchen design for your new home or a face lift for your current Kitchen? Two-toned design is the way [...]
Why Reputation Matters In Kitchen Design
Why Reputation Matters In Kitchen Design free design consulation In any business, reputation matters, and when dealing with a person’s primary residence it makes it all the more important. For most people, their [...]
Are Quartz Countertops Worth The Money?
Are Quartz Countertops Worth The Money? contact us When shopping around for new kitchen countertops in Phoenix, you’ll find that granite, laminate and quartz are among the most popular options. You’ll also find [...]
Address: 745 W Baseline Rd, Suite 15, Mesa, Arizona 85210
745 W Baseline Rd, Suite 15, Mesa, Arizona 85210
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon – Fri:
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sat – Sun:
Licensed, Bonded, and Insured. ROC# 335-337
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon – Fri: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sat – Sun: Appointment Only
Licensed, Bonded, and Insured. ROC # 335-337
MADERA CABINETS LOCATION