When shopping for countertops in Phoenix, you will certainly come across many great options – one of them being granite. Granite countertops are a natural product that comes in a variety of colors and textures. They’re made up of a few different materials, mainly quartz and feldspar, which makes no two granite countertop slabs exactly alike. The uniqueness of granite countertops is certainly a selling point for many people.
What should I look for in granite countertops in Phoenix?
Because granite countertops are all different, there are some key features to look out for if you’re going for a certain aesthetic.
Countertops are a semi-permanent installation that comes with a significant price tag. It’ll be important for you to visit a showroom or ask for high-quality pictures of the granite countertop that you’ll be purchasing so you can make sure it will flow nicely in your home.
For example, if you are going for an all-white kitchen aesthetic, you’ll want to make sure the granite doesn’t have any striking veins of black or grey running through it. On the other hand, if you prefer a style that has more “movement” you may want to hand select a slab of granite countertop that is ripe with texture.
What are the pros and cons of granite countertops?
Granite countertops can instantly elevate the aesthetic of any home. Before you take the leap to purchase granite countertops in Phoenix, make sure you weigh the pros and cons.
- Granite countertops are durable and heat resistant. You don’t have to worry about the matier losing its integrity if you place a hot pan on it or install them in an outdoor dining area.
- Properly sealed granite countertops will not absorb liquids, so they are effectively stain and germ-resistant.
- Granite countertops are made of natural materials and each slab is unique
- If something heavy is dropped on a granite countertop, or they are not installed correctly, they may chip or crack which can affect their aesthetic.
- Granite countertops are notoriously cold, which may be a problem for some people. To avoid this, you can get under-counter heaters that make the material warm to the touch.
- Granite countertops are on the pricier side when it comes to countertop options in Phoenix.
- If granite countertops are not properly sealed, they can absorb liquid and stain or harbor bacteria.
- They cannot be cleaned with harsh chemicals or cleaners that have vinegar – these might damage the sealing.
Granite Countertops in Phoenix at Madera Cabinets
Here at Madera Countertops in Phoenix, we have a beautiful selection of high-quality granite countertops. Madera provides Arizona cabinets and countertops. Whether you’re looking for something that shimmers in the sunlight or is completely jet black, you are sure to find what you’re looking for here!
If you have any questions about a specific product or general questions about a project that you’re ready to take on, fill out this form. We’ll have a look and get back to you. In the meantime, browse our selection of granite countertops Phoenix online for all of your kitchen cabinets Phoenix needs!